Ketáb is a 501c3 public non-profit organization that helps students apply to college for free. Here at Ketáb, we believe every year is crucial to a student’s educational development, and every child has the right to a quality education. Therefore, Ketáb provides students with a safe learning space, wifi, resources, and tutors to help students become academically competitive and achieve their academic goals. Ketáb’s responsibility is to provide a safe environment where students can work on school assignments, think critically and scholarly in order to achieve long term economic mobility through higher education. We firmly believe in disrupting the school-to-prison pipeline with educational opportunities.
In making our vision our reality, Ketáb provides specific educational service and goals for students in each grade. Each student has a file at Ketáb with their current progress report and test scores. Each time a student comes to Ketáb, we record their progress to curate a lesson plan that challenges their needs. Doing so enables students to persevere and ultimately excel in their academic skills.
- We believe that all students should have access to resources and educational opportunities regardless of race, class, gender, and religion
- We believe that all students have the same right to quality education
- We believe all students should have access to free Wi-Fi
- We believe all students deserve access to educational services such as tutoring and homework assistance
- We believe that all students deserve a space learning space where they can focus and complete their schoolwork